2013 has been a good year. I learned some lessons:
1. I can’t do everything. I hate this one. But it is near impossible to truly care for anyone or anything well when I need to care for my two little ones so intensely. Leaving campus ministry has been such a good decision for me personally and for our family but I still continue to struggle with recognizing the whole ‘only 24 hours in a day’ thing.
2. I take things out on my husband. A lot. This is no bueno. I have a great husband and have been trying to not allow him to be the target of my emotional messes.
I have had some highs:
1. Living in our home. I really love our house and continue to feel blessed that we get to live here.
2. I had close to 5,000 people visit my blog because of my Miley Cyrus post. This seems hilarious to me for some reason and is the closest to viral I will ever be. Hey, I’ll take it!
3. Leading a bible study for women at church. I was really nervous about this one because I was going to do things a little differently then they had been done in the past, but it has been a joy for me to do something I love with women I love.
I don’t really do New Years Resolutions. Its too big picture or something, and overwhelms me. I like taking things a day at a time 🙂 But if you pressed me I would say something about organization and self-care and possibly beating my half-marathon time for 2014.
Tonight we are having a couple of friends over for dinner. We had hoped to have more people over but I am thankful for a quiet night ahead of us. I am not the Hostess with the Mostess. I am the hostess with a two year old and four year old and am looking forward to sleeping strait through the clock turning midnight and waking up to a new year in the morning. And if we miss a champagne toast tonight, there are always mimosas to be had, right?
¡Feliz año nuevo!